Physical therapy is a game changer in getting an athlete or weekend warrior back to the playing field safer and more robust than before their injury. When an athlete suffers an injury, there can be added stress and worry regarding the best recovery plan. One of the many benefits of physical therapy is knowing there is an individualized plan for your road to recovery. Specific exercises can provide immediate relief from pain. Your physical therapist will work with you to help relieve your pain and strengthen areas of weakness.
The benefits of physical therapy:
- Relieves Or Eliminates Pain: With the guidance of your physical therapist, you can strengthen and stabilize muscles, joints, and connective tissue to increase your mobility and eliminate your pain.
- Individualized Approach: A physical therapist will create an individualized plan according to your specific injury and physical needs that make you susceptible to the injury you have suffered.
- Non-Invasive Treatment: Physical therapy can often help avoid surgery by reestablishing flexibility and mobility and reducing pain and discomfort while targeting areas of weakness. PT leaves you healthier and stronger than before your injury and also helps you reduce your risks of future injuries.
- Increases Strength and Endurance:With customized exercise plans, athletes can improve their performance while gaining strength in areas they weren’t aware there was a weakness. Exercise regimens can include cardio workouts to increase endurance and breathing patterns returning you to your game better than ever.
- Faster Recovery:Seeking a quicker recovery time is one of the main reasons athletes pursue physical therapy after their sports injury. What you put into your physical therapy is what you will get out of it. Attending every PT session and consistently doing your home exercises will ensure the best and fastest recovery.
- Improves Long-Term Health:By strengthening your muscles and joints, physical therapy can improve your long-term health. Learning new and better body mechanics can help prevent joint pain, arthritis, and osteoporosis.
If you have suffered a sports injury, you owe it to yourself to try physical therapy as the first line of treatment. The benefits of physical therapy can not only relieve you of your current symptoms but can also help you become stronger and feel healthier throughout your life.
Here at ACE physical therapy, we are committed to returning you to your game better than before your injury. Together with your physical therapist, we will create an individualized plan specific to your injury and body composition. Start your road to recovery today!
ACE Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Institute was founded on the principles of high ethical standards, integrity, honesty, and professionalism. When you step inside one of their eight convenient locations in the Washington Metro area, your goal becomes theirs: returning you to your normal lifestyle as quickly and safely as possible.